Many Inventors trying to make their product ideas selling are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I would provide a list of some of your reasons you could have gotten denied. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully make a something start thinking about.
You want realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers competition! Yes, you still need to have a good idea but you will discover that irrespective of how to submit a patent good an inspiration you may believe it is you can still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it does not make sense to you that they will reject an image that they agree this would definately be profitable. Here’s some common explanations why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. A lot more claims may now have a full line of services not seeking add much more.
2. Make use of this is outside their marketplace.
3. You sent your submission towards the wrong an associate the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it to the correct one.
4. You sent one does this program unsolicited without contacting the company first recognize their submission policy, in addition they rejected it solely on that source.
5. You did not have proper contact about your submission move. (That is one of the actual mistakes Inventors make. Corporation will not bother to monitor you down.)
6. Contain too many similar providers that companies are flooded adequately.
7. Your idea attracts a very small niche market and desire mass market items.
8. Costly to manufacture versus the return on investment is simply high.
9. Income sheet didnrrrt WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with too much information to sort indicates of.
10. Your products has have been patented by someone else and they just don’t want to find out if they might go around it or risk infringement trouble.
11. Your product or idea isn’t much better what is definitely on the marketplace. This tells them you did not research your idea well and don’t need a clue who your competition is thats available.
12. You sent a procedure that is exactly like their current product and that current strategy is a marginal seller. So yours will not fare much better.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps is on the downswing compared to what will be coming out one year afterwards.
14. They already have a better solution than yours their works for release that coming annualy. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea whether or not the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior into the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Transpires a significant. Inventors forget that they are not the sole ones inventing.)
15. These have received to correct idea from another Inventor and are currently in negotiations with that Inventor.
16. You need to posted your idea unprotected online in a single of those invention posting sites where others vote on your products to see if there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the actual concerned whether any patent protection will be allowed and turns it down in accordance to that situation.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the running prototype on youtube and possess a significant connected with hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent invention would be possible due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you own an issued patent, yet if they write a quick look up your patent they discover that it has lapsed by way of non-payment of fees and has now been lapsed significantly past the due associate with. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You’ve got patent, truly was poorly written and will not cover far more product. (This happens a lot)
20. There is design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, meaning that they should be expecting very little protection in the industry.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t take a outside ideas and how to invent a product does not publicize i don’t know. So you get a rejection letter, but it doesn’t explain they never look right out of the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided on your line for the year and therefore following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Sufficiently consider items with a sales history they can review and your item never been in production or sold stores or online. In order that they do n’t want to consider the risk getting the first company to encourage it.
As I stated above these are just a few within the reasons your event may have your idea/product rejected with company. Really take period to do your research and understand your market, your place in that market and plenty of research part become worse yourself as marketable as possible.